Top Features of Logistics Apps - 2023
Discover the main features of logistics applications that are indispensable for better data management in your company's transactions!
Knowing the main features of logistics applications will help your business to be more efficient in its day-to-day business operations.
As with any company that seeks innovation in the market, the use of new technologies becomes essential to achieve better results.
It is worth remembering that the logistics sector grew by 30% in the country in recent years, according to a study by the Market Research, Insights and Consulting Company (Kantar). Brazil was the country that had the most momentum in the segment in Latin America.
It is good news for those who work in this market. In this sense, the adoption of delivery tracking and monitoring tools, for example, facilitate the monitoring of all production stages.
This can be made possible in a safe and practical way with the development of an app.
Discover the features of logistics applications
After all, what is the importance of using applications for logistics? In the next topics you will understand what are the main resources that will facilitate the day to day business in the sector.
Although GPS is today a technology in common use, the origins of its discovery go back to the Cold War.
Roger L. Easton, from the Naval Research Laboratory in the USA, developed devices that made it possible to track the Sputnik satellite, from the then Soviet Union.
Therefore, while the emergence of GPS is linked to military activities, nowadays its use has become essential for consumers and for logistics companies that want to track the location of deliveries in real time.
This is possible due to the coordinates transmitted by the app, which is therefore one of the main features of logistics applications.
With the processed data, it is possible to monitor where the user or the package is according to the route taken.
In other words, each stage of the transport process is tracked, from the moment the goods are released to delivery to the final recipient.
It is very useful for control by companies and, in addition, it brings security to consumers.
Often, when buying a product online, for example, customers are afraid that the purchase will actually be delivered. Therefore, monitoring through the application makes transactions more reliable.
In 2016, Time magazine chose an image by Philippe Kahn as one of the 100 Most Influential Photos of All Time .
The reason is that in 1997 he invented the possibility of taking photos from a cell phone, and the image in question is the birth of his daughter.
Here's what Time says: "When Philippe Kahn rigged his cell phone to take a photo of his newborn daughter, he could hardly imagine that his invention would change the world."
Since then, everyone who has a cell phone expects it to have a camera, and the app integration feature is something widely used by logistics companies to record document images in commercial operations.
It is a practical tool to provide visual proof of deliveries or the return of damaged goods, with the authenticity of documents and notes, which also serve as proof.
This facilitates data collection and reduces information processing time, in addition to avoiding communication and data management errors.
For these reasons, it is also one of the key features of logistics apps.
Reading barcodes in the logistics application works to track orders, track delivery, identify products and monitor other information.
It is one of the most used methods to identify products and follow the flow of information, as it is fast and accurate.
In addition, it helps to reduce costs as it does not require any manual work.
According to the report “Global Industrial Barcode Scanner Market (2021 to 2025)”, the barcode scanning market will grow by 1.83 billion USD by 2026, driven by the evolution of Industry 4.0.
There are good reasons for this when it comes to logistics, as barcode technology has the following benefits:
- Speed : even complex data can be read and encoded within seconds.
- Accuracy : It is an extremely accurate device that is free of human errors.
- Flexibility : Barcodes can store a variety of information, such as serial numbers, manufacturing date, delivery date, and product description.
- Economy : this technology eliminates the use of paper for records, which reduces processing, storage and printing costs.
Barcodes, whose reading can be integrated into the cell phone's camera, are designed to be read on an optical scanner that decodes information in bars and numbers.
It then converts the light signals into valid information, which is then stored in a system.
This data can be used to track products, check prices, and even track cash flow.
In the list of top features of logistics apps, digital signature is a method of electronically signing documents.
In the case of applications, the signature takes place, for example, through a virtual pen that captures the fingertips and it is then possible to generate a file for storage.
There are different digital signature formats:
- Electronic : uses digital certificates to allow a document to be electronically signed and is as valid as a physical signature.
- Biometric : It has a biometric recognition device, such as a facial image, for example, to verify the user's identity and allow authentication.
- Token : uses a security device called a token to generate a unique code and authenticate the signature.
- Software : this form of digital signature is carried out using specific software, which encrypts the document to guarantee authenticity.
Among the benefits of a logistics company adopting the digital signature in an application include:
- Enhanced security : The digital signature uses advanced encryption to protect data and documents sent between sender and receiver, reducing the risk of fraud.
- Improved Accuracy : This feature prevents any changes from being made to the documents.
- Cost reduction : Due to its simplicity and speed, the digital signature significantly reduces costs related to printing, sending and storing data.
- Greater efficiency : the digital signature makes the logistics process faster, as documents can be signed electronically without the need to send a physical document.
- Greater reliability : the resource ensures that the documents are signed by the correct recipient, thus providing greater confidence and security to the buying and selling process.
Among the logistical resources of a company, inventory management through an application is an effective way to manage transactions that occur on a daily basis.
The application allows managers to keep control of their stocks, with updated records of all entries and exits, as well as being able to monitor stock in real time.
In addition, users can configure alerts and know how the buying and selling flow is, which brings useful data for making strategic decisions.
It is worth highlighting the benefits of inventory management, which is also one of the main features of logistics applications:
- Optimize Costs : Helps companies reduce operating costs and improve process efficiency.
- Better Inventory Visibility : Companies can have a clear, real-time view of their inventories, enabling better business decisions.
- Prevent Mistakes : Helps businesses avoid data entry errors and better manage inventory.
- Automate processes : Inventory control processes, such as the entry and exit of products, can be automated with the app's integrated help.
- Monitor in real time : Inventory management apps allow companies to monitor the availability of their stocks in real time, which allows for faster actions to meet customer demands.
Now that you already know important resources for the development of applications in logistics, get in touch with FWC Tecnologia.
We are an application development company with a high level of customer satisfaction!
A era dos chatbots está transformando o atendimento ao cliente e suporte. Saiba como o Chat GPT está revolucionando a interação entre empresas e consumidores.Saiba mais
Saiba mais sobre o Test-Driven Development (TDD), uma metodologia de desenvolvimento de software que coloca os testes no centro do processo. Descubra as vantagens, desafios e etapas do TDD.Saiba mais
Explore o mundo da metodologia DevOps, conheça sua história, princípios fundamentais e benefícios. Aprenda como implementar DevOps em sua organização e otimize seus processos de desenvolvimento e entrega.Saiba mais
Explore a metodologia de desenvolvimento Scrum, compreenda seus princípios fundamentais e aprenda a implementá-la em seu projeto para melhorar a eficiência da equipe.Saiba mais